WEBINAR RECORDING | Optimization of a High Power Electric Traction Machine
ESTECO and Powersys Inc. hosted a joint webinar on 14 July 2021, demonstrating the use of the electro-mechanical FEA solution JMAG for modeling and analysis of the electric machine and modeFRONTIER for simulation process automation and optimization.
In this webinar, Adarsh Viji Elango from ESTECO, and Sainan Xue and Dheeraj Bobba from Powersys present the design process of a highly constrained multi-dimensional rotor geometry for an electric traction machine using principles of multi-objective optimization.
- Introduction to Synchronous Reluctance Machines (SynRM)
- Baseline SynRM design and model setup in JMAG
- Input design space definition and performance criterion
- Integration of JMAG model in modeFRONTIER
- DOE and Optimization Set-Up in modeFRONTIER
- Optimization result analysis and design selection